Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Organizing the 5th wheel kitchen


A few months ago I purchased these cardboard can rotators for my pantry. I love them. I was worried that they would not work in the 5th wheel. They do, yeah. As you can see there is still room above the rotators so I will utilize that for baking sheets or something like that. There is room along the side to slide my cutting boards for storage. There is also room in front of the can rotators. I will have to think about using that space.
Maybe those long narrow organizers you use in the utensil drawers to hold spices. I have been wondering where to put my spices.




I have 4 of the longer rotators that do not work in any of my cabinets in the RV. The place now makes a medium organizer I would like to try but for now I am happy that these work in the RV. We sorted and arranged a few of the cabinets today.
On top of the cabinets I put my crock pots, rice cooker and things like that.
I bet you are wondering where my dishes are? We need plates and glasses to eat all that canned food.
Well I have a nice kitchen cart I use for more counter space and it has two shelves and a cabinet with doors. It also has a leaf that you can raise for even more room. When Jeff was living in the 5er it was very handy.
Well anyway. I put the plates, glasses and bowls in the cupboard part of the kitchen cart. I put my mixing bowls, rolling pin, and such on the shelves. I am hoping that my kitchen aide mixer will fit on the bottom shelf.
There is almost no wall space to speak of in the kitchen area although I do want to install a magnetic knife holder behind the stove on the wall.
We have several modification we intend to make to the RV. As we accomplish these I will take pictures and post them.

7 comments:

Marie C said...

Nice storage oranizers. I havent seen cardboard ones before. Where did you purchase them from? Kohls had a sale on a magnetic strip for knives. It was $19.99 and cheap shipping. I am not sure if its still for sale, but thought I would mention it. I am enjoying your site alot. Thanks for sharing, Marie

debbieo said...

Marie, Thanks for the lead on the magnetic strips. I will check it out.
I got my can rotators here:http://www.thecanorganizer.com/

Yolanda said...

That is looking really good! And I never knew you could buy cardboard organizers like that! Very nice. I am looking forward to your other pictures. What a challenge it must be to downsize SO much.

Marie C said...

Hi Again, I just checked kohls.com and they still have the Chicago Cutlery Magnastrip. It is on sale for $19.99 (Reg $29.99) & shipping is ONLY 99 cents for each item until Sept 14th. So, it would only be about $21 & you wouldnt have to go into a store to buy it. Hope that helps. Thanks for the info on the cardboard can organizer. Being cardboard, how sturdy are they? Just wondering how they hold up to so much weight.

debbieo said...

Marie,
They are very sturdy, as much or moe than plastic. I am very happy with them.
I cant seem to find the magnetic strips. I will try again or if you can send me the web site, I would be grateful.
debbie

debbieo said...

Marie,
Got it ordered it thanks

Anonymous said...

I liked you on Facebook.