Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Chores

We have a few things on the to do list for today that I am anxious to get done. Jeff and I started on the list last night and got two items completed, yeah.

1. Jeff color my hair DONE

2. Install RV stabilizers under camper DONE

3. Debbie cut Jeff's hair DONE

4. Install skirting around RV ABOUT 1/4 DONE

The skirting will allow us to insulate the RV, make it more attractive and will allow for some storage out of site. We will be storing things like the Bar B Q and charcoal in plastic totes under the RV.

5. Put together the corner section of the couch sectional and install it. DONE

6. Move the videos and such to the cabinet under the TV so they are not under the end table. DONE

Joy is on her way home to our new abode for the first time and I want to have this all done by the time she arrives.



We are thinking about going to Amarillo next weekend to shop and pick up supplies for the next projects. What are our next projects? Well I will tell you.

I want to buy a tie rack and install it in my bedroom to hang up my necklaces. They are still packed and then I can get my jewelry out.

Install a coat rack behind the divider curtain to hang our towels to dry. That way they wont be so visible in the living area.

We want to tear the steps to our bedroom out, they are flimsy and destined to break some day. We want to replace the steps with wood steps that have a storage place under the step. Kind of like this....

This is a picture I found of some other person's RV where they remade the steps. We don't have carpet so we wont have to tear that out like he did but we will have to try to stain the steps to match or contrast with the rest of the wood. I will probably put some sand in the varnish or do something to make the steps non slippery.

Its kind of fun to look around the RV and find the wasted or unused storage space and make changes that allow you to utilize that space. Jeff and I were talking and we wondered if we will ever run out of things to do to the RV. I wonder too.

2 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

I like that storage under the steps idea!!!

Yolanda said...

Me too. That is an excellent idea!