Saturday, October 1, 2011

The bowl cut by Matthew Harris





Chapter 1: "When considering a bowl cut...reconsider"




Chapter 2: Look at what you've done.

Although your hair looks awful, it is not your barber's fault. They have simply done their job, and given you what you asked for... Yes, it's supposed to look like that.
Your reflection can be alarming, so I recommend short fleeting glances that increase as your self worth allows. A hat may be temporarily required.
Once you can stomach the sight of you...rself, study your hair cut and really become familiar with it; the straight simple cut of your bangs, the stark contrast of the long and the shave, the gentle dip to cover the crown....take it all in! Memorize it! Then when people are staring, pointing, and laughing, you will understand...completely!




A BOWL CUT TALE:

Being considerate of the PR of the salon that was cutting my hair, I made my bowl cut appointment after hours.
After getting my hair cut, I kept getting surprised by my reflection, so, not being able to avoid all of the mirrors inside, I walked out to my car to get my hat. A few minutes after I walked back into the salon, another stylist, Carolina, who had been next door... walks in.
"Ummm... Jenny Harris (my stylist and sister-in-law) could I talk to you outside for a second." Confused, Jenny walks outside.
Once out of ear shot, Carolina asks, "Did you do that...ON PURPOSE?!?"

Evidently Carolina had seen me as I walked to my car, and couldn't imagine anyone in their right mind, wanting that hair cut! Maybe I'm not...

No comments: