Monday, November 14, 2011

Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Too many people put off something that
> brings them joy just because they haven't
> thought about it, don't have it on their
> schedule, didn't know it was coming or are
> too rigid to depart from their routine.
>
>
> I got to thinking one day about all those
> people on the Titanic who passed up
> dessert at dinner that fateful night in an
> effort to cut back. From then on, I've
> tried to be a little more flexible.
>
>
> How many women out there will eat at home
> because their husband didn't suggest going
> out to dinner until after something had
> been thawed? Does the word 'refrigeration'
> mean nothing to you?
>
> How often have your kids dropped in to
> talk and sat in silence while you watched
> 'Jeopardy' on television?
>
>
> I cannot count the times I called my
> sister and said , 'How about going to
> lunch in a half hour?' She would gas up
> and stammer, 'I can't. I have clothes on
> the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had
> known yesterday, I had a late breakfast,
> It looks like rain' And my personal
> favourite: 'It's Monday.' She died a few
> years ago. We never did have lunch
> together.
>
> Because we cram so much into our lives, we
> tend to schedule our headaches.. We live
> on a sparse diet of promises we make to
> ourselves when all the conditions are
> perfect!
>
>
> We'll go back and visit the grandparents
> when we get Steve toilet-trained. We'll
> entertain when we replace the living-room
> carpet. We'll go on a second honeymoon
> when we get two more kids out of college.
>
>
> Life has a way of accelerating as we get
> older. The days get shorter, and the list
> of promises to ourselves gets longer. One
> morning, we awaken, and all we have to
> show for our lives is a litany of 'I'm
> going to,' 'I plan on,' and 'Someday, when
> things are settled down a bit.'
>
>
> When anyone calls my 'seize the moment'
> friend, she is open to adventure and
> available for trips. She keeps an open
> mind on new ideas. Her enthusiasm for life
> is contagious. You talk with her for five
> minutes, and you're ready to trade your
> bad feet for a pair of Rollerblades and
> skip an elevator for a bungee cord.
>
>
> My lips have not touched ice cream in 10
> years. I love ice cream. It's just that I
> might as well apply it directly to my
> stomach with a spatula and eliminate the
> digestive process. The other day, I
> stopped the car and bought a
> triple-decker. If my car had hit an
> iceberg on the way home, I would have died
> happy.
>
> Now...go on and have a nice day. Do
> something you WANT to...not something on
> your SHOULD DO list. If you were going to
> die soon and had only one phone call you
> could make, who would you call and what
> would you say? And why are you waiting?
>
>
> Make sure you read this to the end; you
> will understand why I sent this to you.
>
>
> Have you ever watched kids playing on a
> merry go round or listened to the rain
> lapping on the ground? Ever followed a
> butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at the
> sun into the fading night? Do you run
> through each day on the fly? When you ask
> 'How are you?' Do you hear the reply?
>
>
> When the day is done, do you lie in your
> bed with the next hundred chores running
> through your head? Ever told your child,
> 'We'll do it tomorrow.' And in your haste,
> not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a
> good friendship die? Just call to say
> 'Hi'?
>
>
> When you worry and hurry through your day,
> it is like an unopened gift....Thrown
> away.... Life is not a race. Take it
> slower. Hear the music before the song is
> over.

This was sent in a email and I think it has some good points. Stop and smell the roses.

No comments: