Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Healthy oatmeal no bake bars

I made these yesterday and both Hannah and Jeff really liked them.  Hannah said I should put the recipe on my blog so here it is.  I saw it on Facebook.
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil, do not substitute, this is what gives it the creamy texture and flavor
2 cups oats, not instant
1-1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used chocolate stars I had)
3/4 dried cranberries

In medium saucepan I melted the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.  I then added the chocolate.  I then added just a little more coconut oil.  That helps the chocolate not to become a big glob.  Then I added the oats and cranberries.  I mixed this up real good and put in a pan.  It called for a 9X13 pan but I thought that would make them too thin so I used a smaller rectangle pan.  Refrigerate until set.  Store in the refrigerator.

This recipe is healthier because the fat is coconut oil which is good for you and instead of sugar it uses honey.

No comments: