Thursday, November 16, 2017

Spiced tea and Chai tea mixes

     I love the smells and taste of winter teas.  Spiced tea and Chai tea to name two.  There is something about cinnamon simmering that makes me think of winter and warm mugs of tea.

     This weekend I plan to make a small batch of spiced tea and a small batch of Chai tea.  I'm learning to make smaller batches of things as I get older.  With a mostly empty nest its not necessary to make huge batches of whatever I'm making any more.  That has been a hard lesson to learn.

     The is the recipe I am going to use for the spiced tea.
1-1/2 c. Tang ( I will use my orange juice mix from the cannery)
3/4 c. instant tea
1-1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ginger
I will divide this up between Hannah and I so we neither one have too large a batch.  To make this just add 1 tbsp. to a cup of hot water and stir.
Image result for spiced tea pictures
For the Chai tea I will have to look on Pinterest to get a recipe.



No comments: