Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We have a dinningroom table and hutch

Every time I have found a piece of furniture on Craigslist and called about it, made an appointment to go look and buy it I get a text that it is sold.  The only thing I have been able to buy is the German Shrunk. 
I noticed a used furniture store in town so I stopped to check it out.  They had a very large dinning room table and 6 chairs and a matching hutch.  The price was right so I told Jeff and the girls about it.  The girls and I drove back to town today in the pick up and after the girls saw the set they thought it was worth the asking price so we bought it, loaded it up and brought it home.  I was able to unpack some of my pretty glass things to put in the hutch.  Once we get the German Shrunk put back together I will have lots more places to put the pretties.  I downsized quite a bit on them but some of them were things I wanted to keep.
This is the table, chairs and hutch set up in our new dinning room.
There were only 6 chairs but there is plenty of room for at least two more chairs.  I will be on the look out for two chairs that are similar to the ones in the set.  I am sure I will not be able to find some that match exactly but if I can find some that are similar I can place them in the middle with the others on the outsides I think it will work just fine.  I do want to buy a nicer table cloth.  This is one I found in some things headed to someones dumpster.
We plan to go to a furniture store to look for living room furniture.  I am not in a big rush so I can take my time and find the furniture that will look nice and that we like.

1 comment:

loves2spin said...

How exciting (and lovely!)