Monday, October 14, 2013

Nice visit with four of my girls

     We just got back from a week long visit with three of my girls in Branson Missouri.  Hannah was with us so I got to see at one time four of my five daughters.  Brooke lives far away in Wyoming so I don't get to see her as much.  That's one of the bad things about your kids growing up and moving away.  You don't have them all together often.
     We arrived on Saturday so on Sunday we went to church with the girls.  That particular Sunday they were having a be the church day.  The whole church was involved in some sort of community project.  Some swept sidewalks, some cooked, some cleaned, sorted and bagged food in the church food pantry, then delivered to folks in need, some did a surprise yard clean up, some painted at someones house and my group went to the church thrift store and sorted through a mountain of donated clothing.  It was a real good time and we felt like we helped out.
     One evening we all went to see the Haygood Family show on the strip.  It was a good show.
I managed to get everyone to sit for a minute for a picture before we headed off to be the church.
     I love my girls and miss them already.  Maybe someday we can live closer, at least to some of them.

   

No comments: