Thursday, December 17, 2015

Reflection Joy's writing


Reflection

This assignment, while difficult and time consuming, has actually been really enjoyable. I love history. Reading about it; watching it on tv; or re-living it through plays. It was so incredible to get the opportunity to create my own history. I was amazed to watch the development from complex society to global trade partner. I actually feel as if my society existed. I know it may seem silly, but I actually imagined the life of the people. What did a day look like to them? How did they make a living? Were they happy? Answering these questions and many more helped me develop my empire, Amia.

One thing I never took in to account when reading about societies in history is all that goes into building one. It is an incredibly intricate process. Several different things have to develop and many at the same time. It was also hard to know when to introduce a change into the society. I wanted everything to seem as if it developed naturally, as if Amia was really growing and becoming complex, but it was hard to know when to change something. So many things had to happen in order for one small thing to change. I definitely have a new found respect for people who started or maintained large empires or even small kingdoms. It is not as easy as it may seem.

All in all, I had a lot of fun creating Amia. It pushed me outside of my comfort zone and forced me to think outside of the box. Creating a people group, start to finish, was an amazing process that allowed me to really go in depth into a society and learn what all went in to creating one. I am really proud of what I created and I cannot wait to share it with everyone. Enjoy!

 

No comments: