Saturday, September 8, 2012

Palos Verde Tuna Chowder

I have used this tuna chowder recipe for years.  In my last move I misplaced it.  I recently was able to get it again from the person I got it from originally and I am so happy about that.  Thanks Dee.

Palos Verde Tuna Chowder


1 can tuna drained

1 large onion chopped (1 cup)

2 large potatoes pared and thinly sliced (3 cups)

3 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

¼ teaspoon oregano

1 can condensed tomato soup

1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. If using tuna in oil use the drained oil to saute the onion until translucent. If using tuna in water you will have to use 2 tablespoons of olive oil or other oil or your choice.

2. Stir in potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and oregano. Cover; cook 15 minutes, or just until potatoes are tender.

3. Stir in tomato soup; flake tuna and add; simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Sprinkle parsley and ladle into heated soup bowls or soup plates.

Serves 4

Recipe by Helen Haun

No comments: