Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Are you a domestic terrorist?

This was sent to my friend Brenda who forewarded it to me. It applies to me and most of my friends.

THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2009

Dear Brenda,

I was skeptical.

Now I'm outraged.

You should be, too.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has labeled you, a member of the pro-life community, THE MOST DANGEROUS DOMESTIC TERRORIST.

The DHS warning entitled:

''Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment'' is so troubling that at first, I actually didn't believe that Homeland Security could issue such a document.But it's true. We've verified it. And make no mistake, this unconstitutional report raises serious questions about the leadership and direction of the agency charged with protecting Americans in the ongoing battle against terrorism.


Why would the Department of Homeland Security single out groups like pro-life supporters when they should be focusing on identifying and apprehending the real terrorists - like al-Qaeda - groups that have vowed to destroy America? This characterization is not only offensive to millions of Americans who hold constitutionally-protected views opposing abortion - but also raises serious concerns about the political agenda of an agency with a mandate to protect America.

I encourage you to watch my interview on FOX News to find out more about this troubling issue ... you won't believe how the government has singled out conservatives, Christians - and even our veterans - as dangerous to our country.And stay tuned ... we're not going to take this lying down! L

isten live to my radio broadcasts this week and next week as we discuss the scope of this finding by the Department of Homeland Security - as well as its dangerous precedent. Next week, I'll let you know how you can engage this issue ... and personally get involved in this fight for the sake of your First Amendment rights.Thank you for your membership in the ACLJ and for supporting and defending our rights.

God bless you.
JAY SEKULOW

No comments: