Thursday, April 2, 2009

Has the economy changed the way you live?

I keep hearing about the layoffs, job cuts and money woes. I was wondering what others are doing to help their families through these tough times?

Last year Mr. Olson and I took the Dave Ramsey course and have managed to pay off a few of our debts, not as many as we want, but we are on the way.

I so wish we had worked our finances this way from day one and we would not be in any pinch.

I wish young people would take this course and follow it and then they could live with out debt worry.

Some of the things we are doing are:

1. planning menus and not eating out as much
2. using coupons and watching sales
3. stocking up when things go on sale that we regularly use
4. Thinking about a purchase before we buy it.
5. Staying home more.
6. Our TV went out a few months ago and we have not replaced it.
7. Making more food from scratch.
8. I am trying to say no when the girls ask for things.

Some things I'd like to do are:
1. Hang out clothes to dry.
2. Not use the air conditioner this summer, just use fans
3. Begin making our bread again, (I got out of the habit)
4. Quit going to the grocery store. Except for fresh produce.
5. Have a garden again, but with hoping to move it isn't practical here.



No comments: