Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Moving in

     I think its time to update you all with what has been going on around here.  Some happy things have happened and some very sad things have happened, so you know its real life.  Good and bad, happy and sad, that is life.

     After 6 delays I wont even get in to we finally signed on our new house last Wednesday.  We moved a few things in and spent the night that night.  Early the next morning I got a call from my sister that my dad had passed away.  The girls and I had just went to see my mom, and step dad and my dad over labor day and spent a week with them.  I am so thankful we went when I felt the urge.  Four of my five daughters got to see him then.

     The week before he passed my two oldest daughters step mom passed away unexpectedly.  She went in for an angioplasty and went into a coma and then died.  She was only 57.  My oldest daughter who lives in Cody Wyoming was able to come for the funeral.  It took her two days to get there.  She was not able to come for her grandfathers funeral and it made her very sad but everyone understood it was nearly impossible for her to come.  There were three of the grandchildren who were unable to attend.
My two sisters and I took my dad out in the country and said a prayer and scattered his ashes.  That was the hardest part for me for some reason.


This is my dads obituary.

Robert L. (Bob) Collier, 76, died Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 at Trinity Manor Nursing Home in Dodge City. He was born Feb. 9, 1936 at Trousdale the son of Henderson Laverne and Ruby Jewell (Ghan) Collier.


Collier grew up in Ford and graduated from Dodge City High School. He then attended Dodge City Community College. He worked for Mayrath Manufacturing in Dodge City. Collier later worked in the family business's at the Boothill Grill and Delmonico Restaurant. After he retired, he worked at Wal-Mart.

On August 23, 1959 he married Vera Sonday in Woodward, Okla. They later divorced.

He was a member of the Wichita Midian Shrine where he was a Shiner's Clown.

Collier is survived by three daughters, Roberta Conley and husband Wayne of Dodge City, Carol Collier of Dodge City, and Debra Olson and husband Jeff of Lake City, Texas; two brothers, Charles Collier and wife Norma of Littleton, Colo. and Richard Collier and wife Judy of Barataria, La.; 10 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents and brother, Gene Collier.

Memorial service will be held 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 at Swaim Funeral Home with Rev. Ryan Ausmus presiding. There will be no public visitation as cremation has taken place.

Memorials are suggested to the Shriner's Childrens Hospital of St. Louis in care of the funeral home. Thoughts and memories may be shared in the online guest book at www.swaimfuneralhome.com.

My dad was a great dad.  He adopted my older sister and I when he was just 21.  Even after my parents got divorced he was still our dad.  He never abused us, he was always fair.  He was not perfect but he did his best. 



1 comment:

loves2spin said...

(((Hugs)))... and prayers.