Thursday, January 31, 2013

End of January 2013 greenhouse report

The transplanted tomatoes, green peppers and jalapenos look great.  This weekend we are going to get the bottom of the buckets cut off and the holes dug around the greenhouse in preparation of transplanting the tomatoes in about mid February.
The cut and come again lettuce also looks good and is ready to use.  I didn't take a picture but the cucumbers at the back of the other planted pan are looking great and will be needing to be trained on the trellis soon.  That's another thing we will do this weekend.  Install the trellis.  Jeff is also going to run the water to the greenhouse so I can just step outside to get water instead of carrying it.  It will be easier to water the tomatoes when I get them planted along the one side of the greenhouse as well.

This has been fun so far.  I am going to try to keep a diary of sorts of my greenhouse/garden project this year.  I have tried many different types of gardening and I love them all.  I have don't the Ruth Stout method, a greenhouse growing in the ground, growing in raised beds in a greenhouse, plain old in the yard gardens and now container gardening in and outside of the greenhouse.  There is merit in each method.

No comments: