Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I have really good news.



The other day the ladies in my extension unit went to the next town over to tour the museum. The lady who runs the museum was not there when we got there so we visited several shops along the main street. In doing so I found a place to sell all those crafts I make. I am beyond excited. It’s a membership deal. I pay dues and have to work there 8 hours a month. They take care of the sales tax and the shop has been there for over 30 years and is quite well known.

I go Friday to bring a sampling of my crafts and get approved to join. I don’t think there will be any problem there. They are down to 5 members and need fresh crafters. I am so excited to have an outlet to sell my wares. It’s a win win situation for me. I can now craft as much as I want to and I will have a place to sell my crafts instead of just making them and stuffing them into totes.

I actually think that I have as much stuff made up as they have items in their store. It comes at just the right time because the town pioneer days are in April and they have over 100 vender's there and loads of visitors. I will get lots of exposure to my crafts.

I keep coming up with more ideas of things to make. This is a great way for me to earn a little bit of money. Mollie is going to make Para cord bracelets and key chains to sell there as well.

3 comments:

loves2spin said...

That is fabulous! Good for you! I can't wait to hear how it works out.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Sounds like a great opportunity.

val said...

So glad you made that connection, Debbie. Will be a blessing all ways.