Thursday, March 14, 2013

Missionary update

From: "Brenda Lange"


Subject: Blog, March 12, 2013

Date: March 12, 2013 7:36:49 AM CDT





ALASKA TRIP CANCELED





Due to a strained right shoulder after a horse decided to lift me off the ground last week while I was leading him out of his stall, the decision was made last Saturday that I should return home since lifting my suitcase and a long 2 day flight was not conducive to the healing of the shoulder. Then the Pastor of Little Chapel in Alaska had not received our cancellation e-mail or voice mail, so he contacted us on Sunday saying that my return flight from Alaska would be delayed BY 3 DAYS at least!

Seems the plane wasn’t going to be able to fly in on its normal schedule, so the flight would have had to be canceled anyway.

With only a few days before my departure for Africa, any delay in my return to TX would have been a disaster, as there is much packing and last minute details to attend too.

I’ll miss not getting to see my friends in Cordova, Alaska this year, but I THANK YOU, Little Chapel Church Members for inviting me, and making the trip possible through your generosity in purchasing the ticket.

PTL for Trip Insurance which will reimburse you the flight ticket cost.

So Bush Bunny is sitting in the Cleveland, OH airport as I write this, preparing to fly back to Houston today via Atlanta.

A few days at a slower pace is most welcomed.

My new tune will be “Packing, Packing, Packing! Get them boxes unloaded! Head’em up, move’em out, RAWHIDE!!!!! ( for those of you in the age group to remember that TV show, the tune works for packing too. J)



All is going well in Mozambique with the orphans as they study away in school.

The Impire church was able to have their Baptism last Sunday with 44 new believers being Baptized in a local lake.

We have 106 goats in our herd now, as they continue to drop new babies during this rainy season.



It’s been a GREAT TOUR with many new friends joining us in rescuing orphans in Mozambique.

For those of you who didn’t get to hear me speak, you can contact me till the end of March on my cell: 210-912-3919 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 210-912-3919 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

I fly to South African on April 2nd.



Blessings,

Bush Bunny Brenda





POST SCRIPT:



Go to youtube and type in BUSH BUNNY BRENDA You can see Brenda's presentation in Jacksonville, Florida from last month.






Type in ORPHANS UNLIMITED and see all the Video presentations. Lots of GREAT INFORMATION and WONDERFUL PICTURES.

No comments: