Monday, July 29, 2013

Homemade armor all




Our pickup bed cover was getting so dry and icky looking from the elements here.  I wanted to spruce it up but armor all is so expensive, full of chemicals and stinks so bad that I thought there had to be an alternative.  I looked on Pinterest and sure enough I found a recipe for home made armor all.  I just mixed up 2 parts olive oil to 1 part lemon juice and spread it on with an old rag.  It went on easily and looks great.  I did pour it on once in a little area and it was messy so I just put it on a rag and spread it around that way.  We will see how it holds up.  I imagine it will be just as good as the store bought stuff but much less expensive and no chemicals.  If it ends up looking good I will do it to the inside of the pickup.

No comments: