Friday, July 12, 2013

MIA

I know I have been missing in action lately.  Its been a busy summer.  We went to Kansas last week for a week to help my mom sort through boxes and so on.  I was able to bring home several bags of fabric and yarn.  There is more there but it will have to wait until next time.

I made Hannah and myself a chore list to try to keep more on track and to train us both to keep things flowing.  The picture is of the original chart.  I tweaked it this morning because I had actually forgotten to list cleaning of our bedrooms.

Today a company is coming to install some carports for us.  I am happy about it.  I know it will sure cut down on the heat inside the automobiles as well as help keep the pain jobs in better shape than the sun just bearing down on them.  I'm hoping that an added benefit will be that they will cool the front porch off as well.

Yolanda, I sent for the catalog you talked about in your post a while back.  I cant wait to see what all they have.

Right now I have a batch of sauerkraut making in the pantry.  It should be done in about 3 or 4 more weeks.

Oh and yesterday I canned my first figs.  I made strawberry fig preserves.  I got 7 half pints.  Next picking I think I will just make fig preserves.  That way at some future time I can make home made fig newtons. Or cake or something.

I also was given an Amish friendship bread starter by a friend at church.  I am figuring out how to use and make it without having to give some to friends.  I recently found a recipe for fermented cake.  As soon as I get some marachino cherries.  I will post the cake recipe soon.

No comments: