Monday, June 15, 2015

What Im cooking today


Lentil ~ Ground Beef Meatloaf

Cook 2 c. lentils in 5 cups water (I used my rice cooker)

When the lentils are done get a big bowl and put 4 or 5 eggs in it.  Add a chopped onion and about ¾  to 1 cup oatmeal.  Add in three to four pounds of ground beef and the cooked lentils.  Mix thoroughly and place into a 9X13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees until done.  About 30-40 minutes before the meat loaf is done mix up a cup of brown sugar with a can of tomato sauce or ketchup and smear over the top of the meat loaf.  Continue to cook until done.

 

Cheesy mashed potatoes using instant potatoes

Make up as much instant potatoes as you need for your meal plus any leftovers you want to have.  Add some sour cream to the water once its hot and before you add your instant potatoes.  Once the potatoes are mixed in pour them into an oven safe casserole dish and top with cheese.  Bake this about 30 minutes along with the meatloaf.  Then when they are both ready you just heat up a can or two of peas or green beans and you have an easy meal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

When I am cooking I try to make extra and after the meal is over I make up single serving freezer meals for my husband and daughter to take to work.  This is one of their favorite meals to have on hand.  I used to just put the left overs into the refrigerator and sometimes we ate them and sometimes we didn’t.  One day the idea came to me to make up meals and put them in the freezer and it was a hit.  I use square containers that I bought several of.    I also make up freezer meals like this when I go visit my mom.  That way she can eat a good healthy homemade meal without the fuss of cooking for one.

No comments: