Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Making Jelly

Today my granddaughter Kaitlyn and I will be making jelly.  I hope to make two kinds of jelly, peach pit and watermelon.  Jeff bought two huge watermelons and then left to work out west.  There is no way we can eat that much watermelon so I will make jelly.  He loves his jelly so he will love this.  This is the recipe I will be using.
http://www.pickyourown.org/watermelonjelly.htm
 

A couple of weeks ago I bought two cases of peaches from bountiful baskets.  The peaches looked great but about a third of them were bad.  I canned up as much as I could and saved the peels and pits from them to make jelly.  I saved two gallon zip lock bags of peels and pits.  I did not save anything from the peaches that were bad.  I just threw them away.
This is the recipe I will be using for the peach pit jelly.
http://raisinghomemakers.com/2011/peach-jelly-the-easy-way/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+RaisingHomemakers+(Raising+Homemakers)&utm_content=Google+Reader
 
I will try to remember to post pictures once we get the jelly made.  I wanted to save these recipes so I can easily find them after bit.


No comments: