In my forever quest to save a few pennies and do things for myself, and avoid store bought I have made new table napkins. The ones we were using had poinsettias on them. I think it was time for some fresh new ones. The last ones I had sewn, turned and topstitched. They ended up being on the small size but we used them anyway. This time I decided to just serge the edges and use only one layer of fabric hoping it wont hold in moisture. And I wanted them a little bigger. The first set I cut out ended up being more of a rectangle and made it harder to fold uniformly to fit in the napkin holder. Finally I cut out 13 inch squares and serged them. Ah, just right. Now we have some bright colored new table napkins.