Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pizza



Today the girls and I made home made pepperoni pizza for lunch with some for leftovers. Here is my recipe.
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 heaping T. yeast
2 T. sugar
let stand a few minutes for it to begin to bubble
I make this in my kitchen aid mixer.
After the mixture is getting bubbly, I add 3 T. oil
1 t. salt
I then begin to add flour. I don't measure anything hardly so I don't know how much I add. I just add some, mix add some, mix, until it pulls away from sides and feels good. I then let the mixer mix it with the dough hook for a few minutes. Let rest a few minutes and then pat and roll out onto greased or oiled pizza pans.

Sauce recipe
1 can tomato paste or tomato sauce (if using paste I add 2 cans of water)
1 beef bullion cube
1 pinch sugar
2T. basil
2T.Italian seasoning
1 t. garlic salt
Let this simmer for a few minutes.

Spread the sauce on to your pizzas and top as desired.

No comments: