Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TV show

The lady from the Austrian TV station called this morning. She said it would be too expensive for their whole crew to fly into Amarillo, so they were going to film in Virginia instead. She sounded disappointed. Truthfully I was not disappointed. I was afraid they would think we lead a boring life. Which is OK because its the life I want to lead. I had thought we would make soap and do some canning and I was hoping they would be here at milking time to entertain the TV crew. She said she still hopes to come and film us at a later date.

A commenter asked where I get the lye for my soap. I buy it from the grocery store but only one of the three stores I shop has it. They are each in different states as well. That's what happens when you live in the Oklahoma panhandle. I shop in Guymon Oklahoma, 28 miles from here, or Perryton Texas, 33 miles from here or Liberal, Kansas 35-38 miles from here.

No comments: