Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Groceries

3 -2#jars of honey @ 5.99 = 17.97

total spent this year:412.11
total saved this year: 136.26

Freebies today
16 packages of chocolate pop tarts
1 can ravioli
4 pkgs. coffee
2 bags charcoal
2 progresso soup
2 cans chicken
I could have had a huge box of salad and green peppers but this lady came out of the store and told me I couldn't dumpster dive. I am going to call the store manager and see what he says. It is a waste to just let it go to the dump.
I am not ashamed to dumpster dive. In fact I cant wait to move to Tulsa to dive there. I guess it might be better to go at night though. In these tough times I am sure we will be seeing more and more of this. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, less waste in the landfill.
Edited to add: I just emailed cooperate to ask their policy on dumpster diving. I will let you know what they say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see where the store is coming from. If giving the mind to someone could sue them if they got sick from it but I can also see where you are coming from, the whole "cut down on waste" thing. But my personal feeling is that dumpster diving is gross and not at all sanitary, but that is just my opinion.