Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mowing tumbleweeds and fixing tires

The tractor is acting up, great, just when I have a huge 100 yard long pile of tumbleweeds to mow and crunch. I love my tractor, but it works best when Jeff is here to do whatever he does to it and then says there ya go honey. It died mid length, so we had to string extension cord for a long way to put the charger on. Later it fires up again so I take a swing around the trees to let her warm up. So far so good. I start down the row of tumbleweeds and she's just a purring. Whoo hoo. Get er done. About the fourth swipe she decides to be cranky again so I chug up closer to the house this time before she has a final fit. Sure enough she dies. She's acting like she cant get any gas. I know there is gas in there because I checked twice. I hook her up to the charger once again. We'll see.
BTW this is the first time I have written about a machine in a female or male form, previously it was always it or tractor or whatever. Kinda sounded like a man wrote this.
So I decide to put the new inner tube in the tire on the wagon, it has tires kinda like a lawn mower. We messed the tire up sledding and taking fast corners, but the girls sure had fun. Anyway I got the new tube in and put a little air in and now I cant get the last part of the tire on. Good grief. Is there anything I can complete on my own? I called Bill the preacher and he is going to come over after Christina gets home and help me. I was sure I could do it myself.
Edited to add:
I tried one more time to fix the tire and this time succeeded in punching a hole in the brand new 12.00 inner tube. Now I have to take it to the tire shop. We loaded it up to take to town.

No comments: