Saturday, February 7, 2009

Menu Plan

Sunday-veggie burgers with cream of soup in crock pot
Monday-Lazy lasagna
Tuesday-Spinach enchiladas
Wednesday-Tacos
Thursday-Stromboli
Friday-Chicken over spaghetti (I can't remember what this is called)
Saturday-Homemade Pizza


It has really helped to have a menu plan. I am getting more used to using it. I have not made it through the week without changing it a bit but for the most part we do stick to it.
It has really cut down on my grocery buying as well. Another thing that helped is limiting the girls milk consumption. One week we went through 6 gallons of milk. That is way too much. I then told them 2 or 3 was the limit and when it was gone I would not buy more until the next week. It was amazing how the milk started lasting longer.
I also decided not to buy bread anymore. I will either make it or we will have biscuits or do without. That too has cut down the grocery bill.
I learned how to make my own tortillas and that is a big money saver as well. Thanks for the tip Rosemary. They are actually almost round now. And the taste is so much better than store bought.
I have plenty of groceries and so unless there is a really good sale I should be able to stay from the grocery store for the most part.

No comments: