Thursday, October 8, 2009

I love making soap

I love making soap and learning more about the process. Experimenting is so fun in that I learn things about what works, what oils do what, etc. Sometimes its just reinforcing things I should already know.
When I make mistakes I like to figure out how to fix them or use the results in a totally different way than I had originally planned. My friends and family benefit the most from my experiments because I value their input when I give them a product to try.
Christmas this year will most likely be more products to try and things I want input on. I am working on some new formulations and I can hardly sleep at night thinking of new ideas to try.
At first it bothered me that I had so many fails and then I remembered how long it took to invent the light bulb and how many failures Thomas Edison had before he found the right thing.
I am learning to write down what I do so that if it works I will know and if it doesn't I hopefully wont do the same thing again.

No comments: