Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Thank You lord for all the blessing you give me every day. One propane tank emptied last night and Jeff had to get up at 11:30 to switch them over. Then he had inadvertently unplugged the water line heater so we woke up to frozen water lines. He is out there now trying to thaw them so I can get on with the cooking. I am thankful we had a second propane tank we could switch to and there is a bath house a few feet away where I took my shower and Jeff brought me water from to get started on the meal.
This is our menu for today.
BLSL chicken breast cooked in the crock pot with herbs
sweet potatoes
dressing
cranberry sauce
green beans (plain, not the famous casserole)
rolls
gravy
for dessert we may have brownies or I may make something else like a cobbler
What are you thankful for and what is on your menu for today?

4 comments:

Tom Dye said...

What am I thankful for? I'm thankful that Walmart was open today, since we had forgotten to buy dressing yesterday.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me, faults and all!

PRAISE GOD!

Blessings~
Laura

Yolanda said...

I am thankful for more things than I have time to list, but top of that list is that my daughter-in-law is doing fairly well after her second liver surgery and finding out she has Celiac disease. She is such a blessing to me.

Vegetable Garden Cook said...

Hi there, I'd be happy to guest post on your blog. Is there anything in particular you would like me to write about? Cooking, gardening... or? If not, I would be happy to come up with something for you. Please let me know.