Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Patch results

Having never done the Pumpkin Patch I wasn't sure what to expect. I did however expect more sales then we experienced. I at first thought our location was great, in the fire pit area of the high school. We had more room than most of the other vender's. The down side was that most people were unable to come into the fire pit either because they were pushing strollers or wore bifocals and had a harder time negotiating the stairs or had health problems that prevented them from using the stairs. There were NO handrails to use.

We even had friends who came looking for us specifically and then were unable to come to our booth because it was down the steps.

We even saw 3 ladies fall down the stairs at different times. That was disconcerting and worrisome.

I have decided not to do as many craft fairs and focus more on individual sales people and finding more stores to place my wares. I feel I am better able to focus my energy on those avenues of sales and can take better care of them than craft sales.

I may change my mind at some point but that is my feeling right now.

Today is church and this afternoon we will unload our craft show stock and props. Tomorrow we have plans to go to Amarillo shopping. Last time we went shopping Hannah was not with us and therefore did not get any new clothes. So this time the focus will be more on her. Mollie is going to look for a new pair of jeans as well and use girls all need new coats. We will see how we fare.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I have never done a craft show, but I bet it is a lot of work!