Monday, October 20, 2008

Litchen Tip Tuesday on Monday again.


Easy Salmon Patties

Open and drain salmon. Place salmon in a bowl. I use my clean hand and smash it all up, bones and all. Crack two eggs into bowl. I then sprinkle oat meal or crushed crackers into the bowl and mix it up. I never measure but I would guess we used 3/4 c. oatmeal. Mix this up with your hand and gently form into patties. Carefully place formed patties into a skillet that has a little bit of oil in the bottom. Cook over medium heat until nicely browned on both sides.

I like fried potatoes with this. Serve a nice vegetable and there you have a frugal meal.

Just for fun here is a cost breakdown.

Salmon on sale $1.00

2 eggs 13 each or .26 I have chickens so 0 for me

3/4 c. oatmeal .20 (guess)

3 lbs potatoes 1.50

oil .50

canned vegetable .34

total $3.80 or $3.54 for me.

No comments: