Saturday, October 11, 2008

Menu Planning

I finally got back into menu planning. I know it saves huge on groceries. I got the rest of this month and most of November planned. Its so great knowing what to fix and sticking to the plan unless something comes up. It helps me to prepare too. Such as soaking beans and such. I don't plan breakfasts, or lunches, there are certain things we eat then, its the evening and weekend meals that get me stumped. Here are the next two weeks of my plan.

Saturday eve- tuna melts on homemade bread

Sunday noon-pinto beans and rice with homemade tortillas
eve-Salisbury steak

Monday eve- tuna chowder

Tuesday eve- Baked potatoes with cheesy broccoli topping

Wednesday eve- Sloppy Joe's on homemade bread

Thursday eve- Omelets and toast

Friday eve- Spaghetti

Saturday noon- lentil, rice and hamburger burgers
eve-hash with lentils, rice, hamburger and potatoes

Sunday noon- Mexican meatballs
eve-chicken pot pie

Monday eve- salmon patties

Tuesday eve- sweet & sour chicken over rice

Wednesday eve-bread sticks and pizza sauce

Thursday eve- Meatloaf

Friday eve- grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup

Saturday noon-
eve-country pie

Sunday noon-
eve-hamburger, potato casserole

Monday eve-Potato, salmon Au gratin

Tuesday eve-porcupine meatballs

Wednesday eve- kielbasa, beans and cornbread

Thursday eve-lentil, rice casserole

Friday eve- meatball soup

That is three weeks instead of two and I see a couple of gaps. I'll figure out something or make leftovers.
Another thing I am doing is this. I have a large plastic container with a lid in the freezer. Its labeled soup pot. Anything left over that would make good soup goes into it and when its kinda full, I will take it out and make soup. Free food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debra,
Just wanted to let you know I have been enjoying your blog.
What is your receipe for tuna chowder? Thanks.
Love you, Carol