Friday, December 5, 2008

Life in Africa

Jeff says he gets up at 5:00am, takes a walk along the beach to the pier. He then walks to the end of the pier and there thanks God for his beauty and magesty. He then walks back to his hotel where he has breakfast and gets ready for work. He goes to work at 8:00am and has been enjoying working with the engineers there. They are very respectful of him.
Tomorrow he will go on a small safari..
Sunday he wants to visit a local church to see how they worship there.

He meets Monday with an engineer from Germany. After the meeting he will begin his long flight home. He will be back in the states on the 10th, after leaving on the 8th.

I miss him, but I know this is a wonderful opportunity for him. I am so happy he is in a position of respect and is enjoying his job. This part of being seperated while the house gets sold and we get moved is always the hardest.

I think I have finally learned my lesson as far as putting down roots. Thus far I have setteled in each time as if we are staying forever. We never do. This time I will hopefully be more practical in that I dont get animals and things that require so much care. Things that can be gotten rid of quicker. I have even considered living in a large park model camper just so we can pick up and go quicker to be with Jeff. In any case I will pare it down quite a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbieo,
I just have a small question? You have 3 teenage girls don't you. How do you think you can all live in a camper for even 6 months? Just wondering. Love your blog!

debbieo said...

I dont know if we could, it is an idea. It would certainly be different. The house pictured on my blog is my house, so we are used to large homes. We have also lived in smaller homes, but never a camper.
I am also thinking of a trailer home or mobile home I think they are called. Just something I would want to put in another greenhouse, big garden, etc. I probably would do it anyway.
I do know never to say never. lol

debbieo said...

I mean something I wouldnt want to do the greenhouse and big garden. oops