Saturday, May 30, 2009

Potato Salad

This is my recipe for potato salad. It makes a lot so you can cut it down for your family. We have friends over a lot and we eat it every day until it is gone so this is why I make so much. Last time I made it we figured it made two meals with company and four or five meals of just our family of five.
10# potatoes (peeled, diced and boiled) (then drained)
1 dz. eggs (boiled, peeled and cooled) (then chopped)
3-4 c. mayo. I eyeball it
3/4 c. approx. mustard
salt
pepper
1-chopped onion
1 small jar sweet pickle relish
When the potatoes and eggs are done mix everything in a very large bowl, put the lid on and refrigerate until you need it. Some folks like it warm, others like it cold. I like it either way but maybe cold better.
Out of couiosity I am going to figure out how much this costs.
potatoes 2.99
1 dz eggs .94
4 c. mayo. 4.00 ( I buy the gallon jugs and then put it in quart size mason jars)(this is a guess)
3/4 c. mustard .75 (guess)
salt & pepper .10
onion .50
relish (free with coupon)
total 9.28 for 10# of potato salad. I bought some the other day at Walmart 3# for 4 something so this is definatly a better deal.

No comments: