Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yummy juice




The weather is warming up around here and I tend to think lighter in food and drinks. I had Mollie get my juicer down from way high washed it off and began making juices.


I don't know why I ever put it away. Fresh juice is so good. My favorite is carrot.


Here is how I make it.


2# carrots


1 in. ginger


1 apple (I like Gala)


1 T. Flax seeds


Juice it all up and drink. I drink the whole thing right away.


Today I am going to try a new recipe.


1/2 head cabbage


1 beet with greens (Edited: I thought the greens made it bitter, so next time I won't use them)


2 large Kiwis


1 T. flax seeds


This one is suppose to be soothing to the tummy.


I bought a bunch of vegetables to make different combinations of juice to keep variety. The net says that if you always drink the same juice you can develop an allergy to it. So variety is best.

No comments: