Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I better get things finished up

Kastyn, my newest granddaughter will be arriving soon so I'd better get loose ends tied up and things prepared to go if I want to be there when she arrives. She is due Dec 18th but doesn't seem to want to wait that long. Hannah doesn't get out of school until the 16th so I am praying she holds off at least till then.

I need to get thing finished up and in the mail and make sure I have everything I have planned to take to Kaleena's ready. I am sure hoping that Mollie will be able to make the trip with us so there will be an extra driver besides another aunt to see Kastyn. We already know that Joy wont be able to come along because of her job. She is hoping to take a few days off after the first of the year and make a trip up there to see her new niece. Maybe I could go with her to help her drive and see the baby again.

I finished the cutest puppy hat yesterday and need to get pictures of all my latest hats taken and put in my Etsy shop. I have a cammo sock monkey hat that is adorable as well as two bright pink and purple sock monkey hats. Then I also have several ear warmers to get photo's of as well. Today I am working on a frog hat. Then I have some other hats in my mind that I want to try. Next year I should be well stocked up on hats for sales and craft shows. This year I only did one craft show and hopefully next year I will have more crafts made up so I can do more of them. They have several around this area especially around the holidays.

I broke down and turned the heater on this morning. I am just trying to raise the temperature to at least 68 and then I will shut it back off. We have one of those oil filled heater which does a great job but this morning it just needed a little help. I see its 67 in here now so I will shut the heater off soon. Of course I dress warmly and now blow dry my hair after a shower. I bought a blow dryer at a garage sale last weekend and that is a real blessing.

Did I tell you that we won a $100.00 gift card to Walmart/Sams at Jeff's Christmas party? We had a great meal and then won the gift card. Aside from the fact that the party was held in a bar and the cigarette smoke was nasty the party turned out great. We took the card and went to Sam's Sunday afternoon and stocked up on several things and we even splurged and bought a cooked, sliced brisket. Yummm. It was really nice not having to be so tight with the pocket book just once. I probably should not have bought the brisket but it sure is good.

I hope the weather warms up in the next day or so because I will be needing to wash clothes. It sure is a blessing to live in a warmer climate where we can almost always do our wash here at home even if it is outside. The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone and she asked what I was doing and I told her I was washing clothes. She said it must be warmer where I was because it was 20 degrees where she was. Yep, it was in the 50's here.

I hope you are all warm and snug and have a place to sleep and are safe. I know sometimes I think I have it hard but at least I have a snug home and food. I pray blessing on all of you my readers that you too have a place to sleep and food to eat. God bless you.

4 comments:

Humble wife said...

Oh EXCITING! I had no idea the grand was due so soon!

I love the projects you make and cant wait to see the newest creation.

I am praying for after the 16th so you can have the drive buddy!

Take care and lol on the warmth...brr is all I can say for New Mexico!

Jennifer

Kaleena Kay said...

Mom, You do need to get all your loose ends tied up. Justin and I got our bags ready and Kastyn's bags ready for the hospital and Justin put it in his truck. We are wanting to be prepared for anything. Don't forget the breast pump, high chair cover, and your WARM clothes. Love you.

debbieo said...

Kaleena
I dont have the high chair cover done, I figure I have a couple of months before she needs it. Tell Justin I will get it done but right now I have other things more pressing.
I was looking at my clothes today wondering if I have enough warm ones.
mom

Kaleena Kay said...

Ok mom, I may let you explain to Justin about the high chair cover. LOL!!
No praying for after the 16th Jennifer I am so ready for Kastyn to be here. I am praying for around the 16th so they only have to leave a couple days earlier.