Thursday, December 1, 2011

This n that and a rant or vent

~Today is a nice day so I am washing the bedding including the pillows.
~Got the steam canner, jars, lids and such out, and will try to get started getting the sauerkraut canned.
~Between this I am trying to finish up an afghan I am making for my new grand baby. I am almost done and so is she. (A joke meaning she is almost term)
~I am enjoying having the door and windows open with a slight breeze outside.
~I am listening to The Christmas Carol on audio books. If it doesn't bore me to death I will hear the whole book today.

~Mollie went to pick up her check at the place she worked for only a week. Of course they cheated her out of one full day and now say they can do nothing about it. Long story, makes me mad how people use others.

~Joy is working 9-4 today.

~Hannah is at school.

~Jeff is working as usual. Yesterday he didn't even get home before he got called back. One thing good is that if he gets out of the gate before they call him back its automatic over time.

~The donkey across the way is talking up a storm. He/she goes at it at all hours of the day/night. I always wonder if a stray animal is around and he is protecting his flock/herd.

~The landlord had a new septic tank installed last week and gave notice that our lot rent will go up $40.00 per slot, that makes it $80.00 more a month for us. I got a bit upset because we have lived here 7 months and the sewer never worked right. It belched out stuff when we drained our tank so that we had to drain a tiny bit at a time. And stunk like crazy. If you have or ever have had an RV you will know that that is the worst thing you can do for your holding tanks. Now he gets it fixed and we have to pay for it. Grrrrr. That doesn't seem fair but Jeff says that's the way life is.

~Friday is the company Christmas party and we have RSVP'd. They supposedly give away nice gifts. If we win something it would be neat if it was something we could use. Like a brand new washing machine. lol I am a dreamer aren't I?

~When my husband died people gave money to be saved for the girls education. I invested the money and it did pretty well for a few years, then 9-11 happened and it bottomed out. Kaleena got her money when she was in college and I held on as long as I could for the other girls and finally got the money out and divided it between the girls. That was two years ago. The amount ended up being something like $2,600.00 each. Yesterday I got a letter from my late husbands sister accusing me of stealing the money and not doing right by the girls. She came to this conclusion because Joy told her she had a job and was trying to save money for school. I gave them the money over two years ago and that small amount isn't going to send them all the way through college. It wouldn't even cover most trade schools. It made my heart hurt for her to think I stole from my own kids. But like Joy said, she knows the truth and the other girls know the truth and I know the truth. The old saying sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me is about as untrue and they get. I just have to remember that this sister in law has never liked me and seems to blame me for her brothers death. She has done many things through the years but seems to be escalating her hate towards me the last few months. Kaleenas baby is due in a couple of weeks so we are going there for Christmas and so the sister in law is furious that we aren't all even Kaleena going to her place. I think she has lost touch with reality.
~OK, sorry for the rant. Sometimes it just hurts so bad when people are so mean. I need to put on my big girl pants and get over it.

4 comments:

Humble wife said...

Oh (((hugs))) about your thoughts on stealing from your own kids. I will give you my two cents and hope you see things differently.

My dad was killed before I was born. Mother had me and the age span was me newborn, Peter just 2, John just 3, Liz and David almost 5 and Cathy almost 6. Yes...she had six children 5 and under.

Did I see a penny when she died? Nope. But she spent all the money we needed to survive. That is what mom's do. What good is a college education when one needs clothing, food, or shelter now?

And for the record 2,600 would only be one or so semesters anyway. I wonder over the years if the in law that said these things, offered assistance? It is not easy being a single parent, I witnessed my mother do this...she remarried(long story about how this man was) he died when I was 12. She lost both husbands in the 8th year of her marriage to each one. I have a step sister from Fred and a half sister as a result of their marriage. But Mom ended up alone again...and she busted her back end making sure all was well.

Please do not feel guilty...my opinion is of the child so you can see that a child DOES understand. I promise.

As to the septic...yes I do understand. I am sorry you are ending up paying more. Seems like buying land on a contract may be as pricey as the lot fees. I do not know about there but I was thinking aloud.

I would love for you to win a washer!! Woohoo. I am looking myself for a wringer washer as my situation is using less water(New Mexico and all).

Hope my comment is not a rant...

debbieo said...

Jennifer,
Thank you for sharing about your mom, she was a saint. Bless her heart. It is always good to hear about others hard times because it makes you realize your situation could be worse.
And no that side of the family has never lifted a hand to help out. But my husbands mom died 8 months after my husband did and then his dad died 9 months after that and I was to blame for that as well ( I think I stressed them out or something). I might have that mixed up, I think my father in law died first because he had a lot of charges on his credit cards and the family asked me if he was giving me money (he wasnt)and I think they thought he did. Every once in a while I would get a $20.00 dollar bill in a napkin in the mail. After my father in law died I never got another one so I do think he was sending those to me. Nary a note or anything I could discern who it was by.

His family even picked out his casket and clothes and did not help me pay for it. I bought 4 plots at the cemetary when he died and then when my father in law died I gave the other 3 to them because they didnt want me or mine anywhere near my dead husband.

I guess I should have expected the letter after thinking about all of the other things they have done to me over the years. I always try to forgive and forget but new hurts just pile up and make it worse and bring up other old hurts.

This too shall pass as they say.

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer. Like my preacher friend says, you cant fix crazy. lol

debbieo said...

Jennifer,
I have a wringer washer but it needs a new motor. I dont think Jeff wants to fix it and it sure does use much less water.
debbie

Anonymous said...

You are not alone in your challenges with your sister in law. Yep, you can't fix crazy. I know this all too well!