Saturday, April 14, 2012

I have to brag a little

Bryce throwing disc at a track meet in Ulysses, Kansas.


This was on my cousins facebook wall. Have to share Bryces success at the pre state meet in Wichita as he took first today!
So Proud!!

Sonday remains consistent

... According to Dodge City’s Bryce Sonday, Friday was an off day.

“I didn’t have a very good day. I scratched my first three and I was lucky to pull one out though,” Sonday said.

The one he was “lucky” to pull through happened to travel 162-feet and seven-inches, which is personal best and the state’s best mark in the event.

Sonday has been fairly consistently staying around 160 feet this year after being stuck in the 140’s his first two years of high school.

The improvement can be attributed to his good health.

“Last year I broke my hip, so this year being able to lift weights and actually participate in full helped a lot,” Sonday said.


Also, Hannah is in her first year of track this year and she took second in discus at the district track meet with a throw of 76 feet. She is on Junior Varsity. I am so proud of her and of my cousins boy Bryce. He has broken disc and other track records since he started track. He is a junior at Dodge City High School in Dodge City Kansas.


Go Bryce and Hannah.

No comments: