Monday, April 2, 2012

Today's agenda

Last week I canned beans twice. The first canner load had 4 jars that didn't seal so I put them in the fridge. The second load I put new lids on the unsealed jars and tried again. Again they did not seal. Today I am going to make a big pot of chili using the 4 jars of beans and then try to can the chili. I will also check the rims of the jars again to see if I missed a nick there. I will also use different jars just in case.

Then tomorrow I will can some ham and beans. Yesterday I bought a ham for just this purpose. Its nice to have my own version of fast food home jared and ready to eat.

Then the next two food items on the agenda to can are Mexican meatball soup and porcupine meatballs.

~~~~~~~~

I also want to go to a pharmacy and buy some sulfur so I can make a batch of sulfur soap. Its good for parasites like lice and scabies. Other uses for sulfur are a salve to use topically. Just mix equal parts of preparation H type and Triple antibiotic ointment with enough sulfur to make a frosting thick paste. Use on saddle sores, cuts, scrapes, scabies, lice etc. may be used for both animals and humans.

No comments: