Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Butterflies

I like crocheting things that use up the odds and ends of yarn I end up with after a larger project.  Some of the things I crochet are headbands, flowers, and butterflies.  Here is a picture of several butterflies and one flower.
The next time I get to Hobby Lobby I will buy some barrette back things and hot glue the flowers and butterflies onto them.  What do you crochet to use up your odd bits of yarn?
This is the pattern I used for the butterflies.   http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/crochet-butterfly.html
The pattern tells you to chain 12 and fix it for the antennae, I chain 28 and tie it around the body to sort of define it.

3 comments:

loves2spin said...

Those are SO cute! Any chance you'll be offering some on your Etsy page?

debbieo said...

I will as soon as I get the barettes on them, do you want some?

loves2spin said...

Yes. I have a 3 year old granddaughter that would enjoy those for her hair! I would make some, but the arthritis made me give up crocheting and knitting. Not looking for sympathy. If I am good, my hands never hurt. I would be happy to buy a small selection of different colors from you. I have the barrette clips I could put on them.