Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade Nutella~ yes please

Chocolate Almond Butter


adapted from Silvia's Cucina


1/3 heaping cup of slivered almonds

3 tablespoons oil, I used vegetable

1/2 cup cocoa-I used Hershey's both regular and special dark

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (optional but really good in it)

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk



In a food processor or grinder, I have a handy dandy chopper, ground almond slivers to a fine grain. You want it to almost be like a powder. The first batch I made, I didn't grind my almonds fine enough and you could feel the almond granules on your tongue, still tasted good but not smooth.

source:  http://www.chocolatechocolateandmore.com/2012/08/chocolate-almond-butter-or-homemade.html

3 comments:

loves2spin said...

Oh, my... A while ago, I bought some Nutella and when we got it home, I took a taste on a spoon. My eyes got big and round and I handed it to my husband and told him I was NOT going to eat anymore of that. It would be the death of me for sure! It was WAY too good! So, he ate it, one spoonful at a time, once a day. LOL I knew if I started, it would be gone much more quickly than that! And now to think I could make my own? Yikes! ;)

debbieo said...

Yolanda be sure to go to the lady who make the recipes site, she uses hazelnuts. This lady made some changes.
debbieo

loves2spin said...

I made some! I used whole raw almonds and ground them as finely as possible in the food processor first. No coffee (don't use it.) Also, used coconut oil. It is yummy! Thank you for sharing this!