Sunday, January 22, 2017

Not much to report

     I spent the last week out of town with Jeff for his work.  Now that the girls are grown up I am able to go out of town with Jeff occasionally.  I am involved with the Agri life extension and belong to the local club where I am the vice president and treasurer.  I enjoy it and attend one meeting a month with our club and one meeting with the area association because I am an officer.
      I also attend the Ladies missionary club from the Mathis Baptist church.  We meet once a month for a luncheon and to discuss who we are going to help.  We also maintain a small food pantry at the church.  There are a few of us who crochet hats which a lady sends to Franklin Graham's Samaritans purse where they distribute them.  I also crochet hats for other groups.
     Anyway, if I don't have any meetings and Jeff has to go out of town I sometimes join him.  This past week we went to Plano which is near Dallas.  Jeff had work to do there.  I spent the time in the hotel room crocheting and doing other crafts.  Its boring but I do like to be with Jeff.
      I've been working on a fancy baby blanket which I had hoped to enter into the fair but alas, I did not get it done in time as the entries are due tomorrow.  Oh well. 

     Today I am making bone broth.  Right now I am roasting the marrow bones.  Then when they are good and browned I will add them to the crock pot.  I have the vegetable parings I have been saving in the crockpot already.  I will add water and 3-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the crockpot to allow the goodness from the bones to come out.  I will cook this on low for a couple of days.  Then I will strain the broth and keep it in the refrigerator.  I love cooking with this fresh beef broth.  I could can it but I tend to use it fast enough that it isn't necessary.

      No bake cookies sound good too.  Maybe I will stir up a batch of them today as well.

I pray that all of you who read this are blessed and healthy.

No comments: