Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I cut her hair

Mom said she wished that she had gotten a hair cut before all this happened so....I cut her hair. It’s been a while since I cut a woman’s short hair. Mom was a beautician and taught beauty school back in the day.  She would always have me cut and perm her hair and then she would give me a grade. I never asked for a grade, I didn’t want to cut hair.  Anyway, she lives on the same driveway on the farm as we do so she went home and washed her hair.  She just called and told me that the cut looks good.  Whew.
I wanted it to look nice but not so nice that she will quit going to her beauty shop.😀

Also today I made up a 3/4 gallon of thieves oil and bottled up several one ounce bottles and some two ounce bottles. I’ve been making this for many years. It keeps us healthy.

After lunch Jeff and I went out and planted the last seven elderberry roots.  I hope they take off. I would like to get more berries and fruit trees very soon.  The sooner the better.  They take a couple years at least to give fruit.

Tomorrow I will start the tomatoes and pepper seeds. I hope I figured the dates right. If not I’ll have to buy plants.  We will see.  The lettuce I planted in a pot on the porch has yet to sprout.  I hope the seeds I just bought are good ones.  Once it starts growing I will plant another pot of lettuce and spinach so we can have salads for a while.

I’m looking forward to getting our raised beds built and the a hoop house put over them. It will only be about 9X12. I have several windows I’d like to make into cold frames as well.

I hope you are all safe and healthy.
Until next time.❤️

1 comment:

Yolanda Breidenbaugh said...

I'm impressed that you can cut short hair on your mother. I cut my husband's, and always have, but never had any training. I say that I just keep cutting until it looks okay. Actually, I use electric clippers to do most of it. I wish that would work for me! I did get a haircut right before being shut down, but I'm starting to look a little silly now. I hope your seeds to well. How wonderful to have your mother close by.