Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday day 7 of social distancing

Today I need to mail some letters and a package.  It’s a small package so I can print the postage here and just place it into the mailbox and not have to go to the post office.  I also have two checks I need to cash, I’m supposing that’s okay since the bank is drive through only anyway.

I wonder if I dare stop at the feed store to pick up soil so I can get some plants goin?

I’ve been looking for my journal that obviously I haven’t been writing in.  I thought it would be good to track my thoughts during this time in our county.  Since I can’t find it since the move I’ll use this blog as my journal so at least I’ll have something written down.

Yesterday Jeff popped two big bowls of popcorn.  I made one into Carmel corn for a sweet treat and the other just salted.  Before all this we had kind of gotten used to eating some candy bar in the evening. Now that we don’t go shopping we are doing alternative things.  It’s a good thing really and certainly much cheaper.

I have tried to place an online grocery pick up order for well over a week to no avail.  Fortunately we get eggs from a friend who has chickens so we should be okay there.

After online church yesterday and lunch and naps I made new kitchen curtains to match the new cloth napkins I had made a few days ago.  They look nice with my spring oil cloth i put on the table.  For fall and winter I have a black and white checked cloth and checked napkins and curtains.  The rest of the year I have a teal, green and yellow plaid cloth. The napkins and curtains are yellow.  I chose that color because that’s what I had in my fabric stash.  It’s a nice heavy duty fabric that almost feels like linen.  It brightens the place up for sure..

I also made more flannel hankies and I think I may make a few more today.  I just use two pieces of flannel about 9 inches square and surge around the edges.  I fold and stack them when they are clean and after I use them I put them in a net laundry bag so that they are easy to care for.  When the girls were small I made them hankies and I made some for the neighbor kids too.

We live not too far from the Hiway and I’ve noticed there is a lot less traffic then there used to be. I guess that means people are staying home.

I hope this virus isn’t as bad as they fear.  I do wish it would close the abortion clinics though.  So many lives would be saved if it did close them down.

No comments: