Saturday, March 28, 2020

Well that was easy...except for the mistake

Picking up the grocery order was somewhat easy except, they said that they substituted the pork rinds and asked if that was okay.  I said yes as long as they are plain and not flavored.  The guy said okay and then loaded the groceries into the car.  When we got home and we’re sanitizing the items before bringing them into the house, I discovered the silly pork rinds are bbq.  Shoot. I grind them up in my Tupperware power chef and make bread crumbs for meatloaf and such.   I don’t think the bbq ones will taste as good, maybe I can put bbq sauce as a topping and make them work. We are trying to eta low carb and the pork rinds can take the place of oatmeal or crackers in meatloaf.  I guess I’ll give it a try.

Today I’m meeting a lady who is giving me some elderberry starts.  I’m going to give her a wash cloth and scrubbie in exchange because she doesn’t want anything for the starts.  

I think I’ll also start cutting out the fabric for back packs for the OCC Operation Christmas Child Boxes today.  It’s a good way to use my fabric stash.  I love having a cause to create and craft for.

It’s supposed to get up to 51 degrees today but it’s windy so it will seem colder.  We enjoy having actual seasons in Kansas as opposed to hot and hotter in south Texas. I know many love that but I do enjoy having changing weather. Maybe because I grew up here.

It’s also nice living up the driveway from my mom.  We live on her farm. She comes over every day for lunch and then we have prayer, bible study, hymn study and then I read from a book.  We are reading about Theodore Roosevelt right now.  I’m very thankful that I have quite a few books to choose from.

Well, I’ll close for now.  I pray that you are all taking precautions, staying home as much as possible, not going to visit others and washing your hands.

Until next time...

No comments: