Saturday, March 21, 2020

Strange new world

It's a strange new world we are living in these past several days.  People are hoarding toilet paper and emptying store shelves. It makes no sense. And the battle cry is wash your hands you filthy pig.  Haven’t we always been washing our hands?  I guess not.

We’ve moved to my moms farm and I’m glad we are here.  Not only is there wide open spaces so staying away from others is easy, but we get to see my mother every day, several times a day usually. She comes over for lunch every day.  Then we have bible study and I read aloud from a book of choice.  We are on our sixth book I believe since we started this.  We are also studying about hymns.  Who wrote them and such. It’s quite interesting.  The book we are reading right now is about Theodore Roosevelt.

We hadn’t planned to have a garden this year.  We thought we would be traveling and camping.  Right now that doesn’t look promising so I’ve been planning the garden.  We decided not to plant potatoes this year because we don’t eat them very often, although I love them, because they are high in carbs.  I’m going to try growing tomatoes from seed.  I’ve never tried that before.  I’ve always purchased seedlings.  I’d like to also make another small hoop house like we had in Oklahoma.

We are getting along real good.  Jeff retired and so life is pretty slow.  Hannah called today and wanted to know how we were doing, then she laughed and said, probably not much has changed for us with the social distancing.  I said no it really hasn’t except we can’t order groceries from Walmart anymore, the orders won’t go through.

The girls are all doing well and other than being bored they are handling the situation very well.  They say they had good parents who taught them to survive.  Made me feel pretty good.

I’ll close for now and try to write more often.
Debbie

No comments: