Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kays Crispies recipe

Sometimes I get too much cheap cereal. Big surprise. My friend Kay gave me this recipe for making rice crispy like treats with out the expensive marshmallows. The ingredients are easy to keep on hand.

2- Tablespoons margarine or butter
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
Bring these ingredients to a boil.Set aside; add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) peanut butter. Stir until blended. Add 6 cups of corn flakes, Wheaties, rice crispies, or honey bunches of oats. Pour into buttered 9" x 13" pan.

2 comments:

Dave and Tina Schmidt said...

Hi Debbie,
So glad you finally got to bloggin. I too blog, as does the kids, seems like that is how we keep up with each other. I had to read more from your blog to get the updated information, and it is very interesting. Wow what a coupon person, other than the internet where do you get your coupons? Interesting recipes too. Talk later.
Tina

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Tammy's recipies & LOVE this idea about using up cereal. I too have lots of "free" or bagain cereal that I am afraid will go to waste. I am going to have to try this recipe out very soon!!! Thanks for sharing!!