Sunday, August 3, 2008

Top bar bee hives

This winter I want to make some top bar bee hives. I have wanted to keep bees for years and have always been discouraged by how high the cost is. I also like to produce as much of our own food as possible. In my searching I came across top bar bee hives and I know that is exactly what I want to do. Not only can my husband and I make the hives, it is less disturbing on the bees to check them and lets them bee more natural. I am praying that we will be able to find a supplier to put a reserve order in with for this next spring. If anyone know a good supplier just let me know.
We also want to build another greenhouse this fall, twice as long as our current one. I will take pictures as we do this and post them in a tutorial. Our current greenhouse is built from cattle panels. We like it very much. The plants in there are so much more lush than those beaten down by the constant wind, little rain and scorching hot weather.

1 comment:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

We have been beekeepers for going on 4 years now. You might check out SARE.org. We received a $6000 grant to begin our venture.