Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning pans with burnt on food

If you or your kids burn food in a pan and you think its hopeless. Don't fret. Before you throw out the pan try this. Place a couple inches of water and a squirt of dish soap into the affected pan. Boil for a few minutes. Let stand. Scrape and see if it comes clean. I have used a pancake turner and scraped the bottom while the pan is boiling. You may have to do this a time or two but its certainly better than throwing out the pan. Note*this tip applies to regular pans, not non stick. I don't use them, so I don't know about them.

2 comments:

Nanci said...

Debbie,

Just commenting to let you know that I just received the cookbook about 5 minutes ago. I had to sit down at the comupter immediately and let you know. Thank you so much for all the trouble you went through because of my emails not going through.

Nanci

P.S. I'm excited to try the Blueberry-Peach Pie from the cookbook and then your idea for cleaning pans after I burn it :)

debbieo said...

I am so glad you got it. You are so silly, you wont burn it. It helps clean pans but its better not to burn them in the first place. lol