Monday, March 23, 2009

I really would rather have Jesus


I saw the lyrics of this song over at Biblical Womanhood
and it reminded me of how much I love this song. I heard a recording once of a famous black gospel singer singing this song at a Billy Graham concert and it was beautiful. I cannot remember the singers name. I do know she has gone to glory.


I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold;

I'd rather be His than have riches untold;

I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands,

I'd rather be led by His nail-pierced hand.


I'd rather have Jesus than men’s applause;

I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;

I'd rather have Jesus than world-wide fame,

I'd rather be true to His holy name.


Hes fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;

He's sweeter than honey from out of the comb;

He's all that my hungering spirit needs,

I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead.


Than to be a king of a vast domain

Or be held in sin's dread sway,

I'd rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.


-Lyrics by Rhea F. Miller

No comments: