Sunday, March 8, 2009

PLANNING MEALS

I have not been menu planning and I realize I do like having a plan. I had earlier found a monthly meal planner from K State in Kansas. Here is the site: http://www.humec.k-state.edu/fnp/resources/materials/menus/Month_of_Menus.pdf This is a pdf document of about 73 pages. It lists resources such as equivalents, substitutions and such. I did not need that part but it is a great resource for a less experienced cook.
I read each page and found very few meals we would not enjoy. The grocery list is made for you. You can just cross off any items you may already have on hand.
I think when we come back from our mission trip I will give this month long plan a try.


I needed to go to Liberal today to pick up Hannah so I did my Walgreens shopping.
I did very well.
10 Garniea Fructis @ 2.99 ea.
12 Orbit gum @ .99 ea.
3 Glade air sense and spray @ 7.99 ea.
2 Colgate toothpaste @ 2.99 ea.
2 pkg. sweet tarts @ .80 each
10 candy bars @ .50 ea.
2 candy bars @ 1.50 ea.
total 81.50
coupons and sales and RR 73.95
out of pocket spent $7.55

No comments: